Wednesday 8 June 2011

Let the Journey Begin!

I have been silent in blog land for too long. 

For what seems a long time, a dream has been moving towards reality.  I am going to be on the road this summer being creative at festivals!  I am now officially a traveller, a nomad, a journeyman.

From the Faeries' Oracle Deck by Brian Froud and Jessica MacBeth

The Journeyman

The Journeyman talks about adventure, independence and travel...straying off the "safe" path and exploring the road less travelled. This can be scary, but following your own path...even if that is different and seemingly more risky than the status quo...can be crucial to your growth and development right now.

The key is to keep an attitude of gratitude and good-natured innocence here. Be willing to learn and embrace new things, even if you are not 100% sure where they are leading. Know that you are being guided and protected. Always be aware of your blessings and give thanks for them...this is a wonderful time of new beginnings or of new phases of an ongoing process that is important to you.

And Robert Frost's poem is apt

The Road Not Taken



Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I feel a little awkward and uncomfortable, but I am stubborn, or determined (depending on your viewpoint) and feel like a 6 year old child learning to blow bubbles with gum.  I really want to do this.

I have stepped off the safe path, my professional teaching career, to pursue a little seed sown long ago.  

I have learnt, life is short, go for happiness and dreams.  I want my cake and to eat it, cherry and all.  But have left the best teaching job ever.

Where will my wages come from?  I am going to trust, trust life to give me what I need now.  I choose happiness and juggling and creating.  Its clear (with hindsight) what my next step is.  It might not be logistically easy, travelling for 5 weeks, a week home, then another 5 weeks.  We're organising our childrens' education, our professional jobs and animals.  

But, I am more than ready for this adventure.









No comments:

Post a Comment